How to change a YouTube banner 2024 – step by step (with video)
Written by: Dexxter Clark, 08-11-2023Here’s how you change the channel header image of your YouTube channel on your desktop computer.
Logged in?Make sure you are logged in.
If you see your channel icon at the top right corner of the screen, you are logged in.
When you are not logged in, you’ll see a button that says: “sign in”.
When that is the case, you need to click on “sign in” and provide your login credentials.
Once logged in
- Click on: your channel icon (right top corner of the screen)
- Click on: YouTube Studio
- You are now brought to YouTube Studio
- Click on: “Customization” (menu on the left side of the screen)
- Click on the tab: “Branding” (middle tab at the top of the screen)
- Scroll down to the section called: “Banner image”
- Click on: “Change”
- Select on your computer the image you want to upload.
- The image needs to be at least 2048x1152 pexels and be 6MB or less
- Select “open”
- YouTube will upload the image to YouTube
- Now it will show the image you uploaded with the guidelines for different devices.
In the screen you see, you can crop the image.
In the download section you can find a Photoshop template with these guidelines.
- Click on: “done”
- Click on: “publish” (right top corner of the screen)
It can take a while for the change to be visible on YouTube.
Especially with smaller channels it can take few hours.
YouTube prioritizes changes to large channels to propagate faster to all local servers around the world.
When you are serious about YouTube and want to take it to the next level, take a look at my video training program: Viral Strategy.
The program takes you step-by-step through the process of getting views, subscribers and going viral.
For new creators I included a module that guides you step-by-step through the process of starting, creating and setting up a YouTube channel.